• Budget travelers: There are plenty of camp grounds, hostels, and parks for seasoned travelers to stay at. Cambridge’s Youth hostel is just five minutes from the nearest station to the city center and a perfect spot for students or travelers on a budget.
• Cultured travelers: For those who want the comforts of a hotel, the center of Cambridge offers a wide variety to suit any need, any want, and most importantly any budget. Plus, all of these hotels are within walking distance to Cambridge’s cultural venues. For a more affordable option, you can also opt to stay in a nearby suburb. Cambridge is well connected and getting back to the sites is a breeze.
• Cozy travelers: There are many quaint bed and breakfasts and guest houses located all just outside of Cambridge. They may not have as much to offer amenity wise but the warmth and personal touch will surely allow you to sleep tight every night.
• Self sufficient travelers and families: A country cottage of flat in the center of the city is the best option for those who want to cook or bring a house full of children to Cambridge. It is a great way to make a home away from home. Cottages are located just outside of the city limits with bus access to the city, pubs, and shopping. If you don’t want to leave Cambridge, flats or in city apartments are another way to go.
• Quiet time: Though the bustle of Cambridge is great during the day, when you want some shut eye the best place to go for quiet time is outside the city limits. There are plenty of hotels, sleepy towns, or countryside manors to stay in – all of which have easy transport back into the city.
• Shopping: For great market shopping that offers everything and anything, try to stay close by Trinity Street and Market Square. For department store, boutique, designer, and name brand shopping Grafton Centre, Market Square, St. Andrew’s Street, and Magdalene Street offer an array of stores to suit any taste and budget.
• Eat, drink & be merry: Mill Road has an abundance of restaurants from Michelin rated to cheap takeout. Mill Road is also a great place to people watch from a cozy café as is nearby Market Street. Because Cambridge is a college down there is a great pub just around nearly every corner. Finding fun here is easy!
1. Hotel du Vin
2. Ashley Hotel
3. Regent Hotel
4. Holiday Inn Cambridge
5. Helen Hotel
6. Cambridge Lodge Hotel
7. The Lensfield
8. Duxford Lodge
9. Hotel Felix
10. Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge
Read more in our Cambridge Guide.
|84%||Carolina Guest House|
|83%||Cambridge Garden House|
|83%||Crown and Punchbowl|
|83%||Hotel du Vin and Bistro Cambridge|
|81%||Premier Inn Cambridge North (Girton)|
|80%||Cambridge Belfry Hotel - A QHotel|
|80%||Best Western Gonville Hotel|
|80%||Premier Inn Cambridge A14 J32|
|80%||Best Western Cambridge Quy Mill Hotel|
|80%||Crowne Plaza Cambridge|
|73%||Sorrento Hotel and Restaurant|
|72%||Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel|